Quantity Surveyor – Developer
Salary – Up to £55,000 (Depending on Experience) + Car Allowance, Pension, Health
About the Company:
Our client is a leading new homebuilder offering such a distinctive, diverse and impressive range of new homes and properties that they were named 'Housebuilder of the Year' at the Building Awards. They are currently constructing more high quality houses and flats for communities throughout the South East, South West, Midlands and North East. Over the past ten years their achievements have earned them recognition and placed them amongst the best in the new homes industry-winning a host of high-profile awards.
About the Role:
Our client is currently looking for an experienced Quantity Surveyor, someone who has a solid permanent work background and who has experience working for a Developer or Main Contractor It is essential that you have knowledge of building processes covering residential projects
- Sub-contract tendering and procurement to meet required deadlines
- Provide a detailed prelims cost budget and share with Site Manager at the appropriate time.
- Payment of subcontractors, variation orders and settlement of final accounts.
- Monitoring and explaining cost movements.
- Manage the adoption process of public works.
- Take specifications and drawings from Construction handover and prepare suitable packages for tender.
- Analyse returned tender and recommend the most commercially viable contractor.
- Monitor and explain subcontractor cost movements.
- Responsible for subcontractor payments, variation orders and day works and settlement of final accounts.
- Undertake monthly cost reports and estimate future likely cost expenditure.
- Report on savings and excesses against budget costs to the Director.
- Forecast final accounts.
- Be aware of all codes of practice that impact on surveying e.g. Building Regulations, NHBC requirements, HSE etc.
- Monitor, reconcile and recharge any costs, which relate to shared cost items with either other businesses within the Group or external Companies.
- Attend pre start, specification and any other relevant concept meeting as required.
- Input and maintain any computer based databases or systems.
- Must have a minimum of roughly 5 years Quantity Surveying experience
- Must have worked for a Developer or Main Contractor
- Must have residential build experience
- Must be able to demonstrate job loyalty
About the Benefits and Reward:
- Basic salary of up to £55,000 (depending on experience)
- Company Car Allowance
Contact: 01923 750 095 / firstname.lastname@example.org