Design Engineer (6 Month Contract) – Developer
Salary – Up to £250 per day
About the Company:
Over the last twenty-five years, our client has built a reputation for creating homes that surpass expectations in terms of design, quality of construction, and their vision for sustainable development. Across London and the Home Counties, their developments encompass new homes, contemporary urban apartments, refurbished historic buildings, traditional family homes and innovative mixed use schemes. Many of their developments combine leading edge design whilst maintaining and renovating key elements from their architectural heritage. From highly complex developments, that combine residential, retail and leisure facilities, to key worker apartments or the more traditional rural communities – our client continues to provide quality, style and sustainability.
About the Role:
Our client is currently looking for an experienced Design / Technical Engineer. They are looking for someone who has experience working for a Developer and who is commercially aware. It is essential that you have knowledge of building processes covering residential projects.
- To activley support the Technical Manager on site and help manage the design process within an residential development project
- Monitor and advise on alternative, beneficial design as and where appropriate
- Liase and ensure design implementation at contractor level is running smoothly
- To act as the primary contact for the design teams and production teams as well as site contractors and architects
- To advise on cost effectiveness of alternative methods of construction
- To co-ordinate the design information supplied to the construction division
- To manage compliance checks against specification and client requirements
- To manage design output to agreed programmes
- To liaise with Local Authorities, Building Control and Planning Departments
- Ideally at least 5 years of Design / Technical Engineering experience
- Must come from an engineering background to enable integration with the design and construction process
- Must have an integral understanding of Groundwork, Piling and RC Frames
- Must have residential build experience, ideally high spec, low rise property
- Must be willing to work for the duration of the 6 months contract with the possibility of the role turning permanent.
About the Benefits and Reward:
Contact: 01923 750 095 / email@example.com